14 Things to Do for Valentine’s Day
Here are 14 things to do for Valentine’s Day. While travel mandates may prevent you from taking that Valentine’s Day trip of your dreams, there are still a lot of incredible activities that you can do closer to home! To help you plan your special day, we’ve compiled below a list of 14 romantic things to do for Valentine’s Day that are sure to excite and inspire you!
Create an Outdoor Fire
There’s nothing more romantic than cuddling up around a fire! Pick up a fire pit from your local hardware store and organize a date night. You can roast marshmallows, make s’mores, or even grill hot dogs.
Don’t waste romance time struggling to get a fire started. Pull Start Fire gets the fire started quickly without matches and it burns for 30 minutes. Even lights wet wood.
Breakfast In Bed
Everyone loves breakfast in bed, especially on Valentine’s Day! Take some inspiration from Paris, the City of Love, and prepare a French-themed breakfast.
Add a bubble bath and make it extra special with Shower Steamers.
Write a Love Letter to Your Favorite City
You may not be able to travel to your favorite city at the moment, but that doesn’t mean you can’t appreciate it! Set aside some time to write a love letter to the place you miss the most!
Host a Romantic Movie Marathon
Nothing screams Valentine’s Day quite like a romantic movie marathon. Grab your special someone and hunker down with your favorite love stories. Bonus points if you pick out foreign films or films with an international setting!
Do a Champagne Wine Tasting
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to open a bottle of champagne you’ve been saving. Pair it with a french-inspired dessert for the ultimate City of Love experience!
Rent a Cozy Cabin
A weekend getaway in a cozy cabin is the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your significant other. Consider visiting the romantic Blue Ridge Mountains in Georgia if you live nearby.
Stroll the Beach on Valentine’s Day
Beaches are incredibly romantic! Grab your special someone and take them for a stroll – see how many seashells you can collect. If you’d like to go all out, consider renting a beach cottage, like these luxury rentals on Sapelo Island, Georgia.
Dress Up for a Romantic Dinner at Home
Who says you can’t have a fancy dinner at home? Dress to impress and pull out all the stops for a romantic Italian-themed dinner in the comforts of your home.
Visit a Local Museum
Museums are always a great idea for a date! Take your significant other and spend Valentine’s Day admiring all the artwork and sculptures. If you can, try and check out one of these romantic museums.
Plan a Virtual Paint and Sip With Other Couples
A couple’s date with wine and paint – what could be more fun?! Check out one of these virtual Paint and Sip programs for the ultimate Valentine’s Day gathering.
Book A Fancy Hotel Night Stay
Head to the nearest city and spend the night at a fancy hotel! From The Alida in Georgia to Hotel Emeline in South Carolina, the Harpeth Hotel in Tennessee, and the many locations of the Four Seasons and Marriott hotels, there are plenty of places to explore!
Visit Your Local Botanical Garden
Dreamy, romantic, and peaceful – botanical gardens are perfect for a Valentine’s Day date. Stroll through the gardens, smell the flowers, and take a moment to enjoy nature with your significant other!
Create a Romantic Music Playlist With Your Favorite Love Songs
A romantic playlist is sure to enhance your Valentine’s Day plans, no matter what they are. Play your favorite love songs as you head out on a scenic drive or during a romantic dinner with your special someone.
Create a Love Language Scavenger Hunt
Take inspiration from the Five Love Languages, and create a romantic scavenger hunt. Hide post-it notes on love-themed items around your house – think roses, paper hearts, chocolates, photos, etc. Whoever completes the scavenger hunt first gets a Valentine’s Day gift!
If you decide to go out and tour the town, take along Sanitizing Hand Wipe Mitts. They’re perfect for wiping hard surfaces you touch while enjoying the sites. Stay healthy.
No matter which idea inspires you the most, you’re sure to have an unforgettable Valentine’s Day that is romantic, fun, and safe!
- Food & Wine: https://www.foodandwine.com/breakfast-brunch/9-foolproof-french-recipes-make-brunch
- IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls063993857/
- At Lifestyle Crossroads: https://atlifestylecrossroads.com/top-romantic-travel-movies-to-watch-with-your-loved-one/
- Delicious: https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/collections/gallery/classic-french-dessert-recipes/u8n03hv0
- Blue Ridge: https://www.blueridgemountains.com/
- Sapelo Island: http://sapeloislandbirdhouses.com/index.html
- Food Network: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/photos/italian-dinners
- Google Arts & Culture: https://artsandculture.google.com/story/8-romantic-museums-for-lovers/7wUxwacc1KqrVg?hl=en
- Sorry, On Mute: https://www.sorryonmute.com/best-virtual-paint-and-sip-social-events/
- Pull Start Fire: https://pullstartfire.com
- The Alida: https://www.thealidahotel.com/
- Hotel Emeline: https://hotelemeline.com/
- Harpeth Hotel: https://harpethhotel.com/
- Four Seasons: https://www.fourseasons.com/
- Sanitizing Hand Wipe Mitts – https://www.fendwellness.com/products/fend-disinfecting-mitts
- Marriott: https://www.marriott.com/default.mi
- Oprah: https://www.oprahdaily.com/entertainment/g28435431/best-love-songs/
- Love Languages: https://www.5lovelanguages.com/
- Shower Steamers: https://www.cleverfybeauty.com/shower-steamers