Sports travel – what’s coming up soon? Who doesn’t love sports – one form or another and combine it with travel and it’s a win/win.
We are always looking for opportunities to connect the two and here are a few things we recently found.
Combine your love of sports and travel with sports travel packages. If you are planning to go for a big sporting event such as the Final Four or Masters, you might be surprised to know there are special packages with deals on hotels, airfare, and rentals partnering with the main event. One great resource is primesport.com. Here are a few packages for you to consider.
- NCAA Final Four Package – March/April 2018 in San Antonio, TX
- Three packages currently available
- Wyndham Garden/Museum Reach
- Package includes: Four nights at the Wyndham Garden hotel, Final Four All Sessions game ticket, VIP Experience access to two parties hosted by college basketball legends, gameday transportation, admission to the Final Four Fan fest (a festival hosting youth clinics, giveaways, concerts, games, special appearances, autograph signings and more)
- Note: the VIP experience includes access to an open bar, all-you-can-eat deluxe food stations, and photo ops with the Championship trophy
- Hotel info: Located on the Museum Reach near the San Antonio Museum of Art and the Pearl Brewery District, ideal for culture lovers; views of the San Antonio river; easy access to the infamous Riverwalk; 1.6 miles from the Alamodome; seafood and jazz cafe onsite
- Starting at $2,925/person
- La Cantera
- Package includes: game tickets, VIP experience, access to Fan Fest, gameday transportation
- Hotel info: Situated on the scenic rolling hills, holds a spa and pool cabana, several dining options including a cantina/grille/market and more, two championship golf courses, five resort pools, running routes, 22.1 miles from the Alamodome
- Starting at $3,135/person
- Hotel Valencia Riverwalk
- Same package
- Hotel info: A blend of Spanish colonial and Mediterranean; located on the River Walk; surrounded by dining, entertainment, and shopping options; new restaurant Dorrego’s offers Argentinean cuisine and it the only bar of its kind in the city; open-air courtyard; in-room spa services; 1.4 miles from the Alamodome
- Starting at $3,365/person
Travel to Aruba for sun and fun along with a bit of sports too. Aruba is a popular spot for beach volleyball, no wonder with all the sand and sun. Here’s a popular sporting event that happens on the beaches of Aruba.
Ultimate Aruba Sports Package from Tamarijn Aruba
- Watch Team Andruzzi and Team Hochstein face off in a game of beach volleyball
- Two former New England Patriots – Joe Andruzzi and Russ Hochstein who won 3 Super Bowls with their team
- You and a friend can enter for a chance to win a sports package that includes 5-night stay for two in an Oceanfront room at Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive (including roundtrip airfare August 23 – 28, 2017), custom personalized NFL jerseys, autographed footballs and sports memorabilia, Meet & Greet with Andruzzi and Hochstein, the chance to try on a Super Bowl ring
- Tamarijn Aruba amenities include ten restaurants and grills, 8 bars with daily drink specials, four pools, water sports, wind sports center, bikes and beach volleyball, water aerobics and yoga classes, nightly themed entertainment, rock climbing wall on the beach and other daily activities
- Learn more at tamarijnaruba.com/aruba-sports-getaway
Other sports travel resource – sportstraveler.net already has packages available for the Winter Olympics in 2018 in Pyeongchang South Korea – including the Coastal Cluster packages, mountain cluster packages, and side trips scheduled throughout South Korea; there are also packages available for the Indianapolis 500 and Daytona 500
Check back with us for more sporting events ready for you to hit the road and cheer the team!