Top Tips For Fall Travel 2022
The perfect time of the year to get out and about for so many reasons is Fall. Whether it’s leaf gazing, hiking incredible trails, cheering for the home team, or camping. We’re ready to enjoy the crisp fall weather and bring family and friends along. It’s time for top tips for Fall travel in 2022.
All of the options will have you enjoying many of your favorite
Leaf gazing destinations – cooler weather, less sunlight, shorter days mean our trees will be ablaze with color. Red, yellows, and greens in all shades.
- It’s time to hit the road for a trip to see the leaves.
- Asheville, NC -what we like to call “right up the road,” and the mountains are the perfect spot to see color for miles and miles.
- Virginia’s Blue Ridge offers the perfect backdrop for fabulous fall foliage and leaf peeping. It’s America’s Favorite Drive, and Roanoke is a great spot to call home while checking out Mother Nature.
- Maine has the leaves, and a trip to Bar Harbor means you can also be by the sea, have a lobster dinner and catch the beautiful colors of Fall.
Fall and apples – it’s time to gather the whole family and head to North Georgia, where you’ll have your choice of places for picking or purchasing your favorites.
- Are you ready for the U-pick season? Mercier Orchards is your spot this October 7th, 8th, and 9th. Grab some apple cider, too – enough for a little later in the season when you’re craving warm cider by the fire.
Nothing says Fall like hayrides and a corn maze.
- Jamor Farms – head up the road for hay rides, farm slides, a petting zoo, farm skeeball, a pumpkin train, duck races, tricycle races, apple cannons, and concessions. While you’re three, pick up some of their canned jellies and jams to bring home some of the fall favorites. Apple turnovers and ice cream complete a trip to our hometown place for goodies all year.
It’s shoulder season – And a great time to catch a plane and take a flight. Shoulder season is. The time of year when fewer people are traveling. That’s great for fewer crowds but also the best time for cheaper airfare. The airlines want to get you on the flights and lower the prices.
It’s a great time to check out –
National parks – it’s still time to visit Yellowstone during their 150th anniversary.
- If you’ve had another National Park on your list, it’s time to say “”let’s go” You can camp or glamp! Glamping gives you a little more of the luxury life, but you’re still out in nature and enjoying the pristine surroundings. Most National Parks and state Parks, too, have options for both.
- Portland, Ore. is not only a foodie spot, but it’s great for getting outside of the big city and taking in the crisp cool air while checking out the mountain areas.
- Palm Springs, California, is a hot spot for trends and weather. Cooler temperatures mean an excellent time to check out the area known for its outstanding architecture. Joshua Tree National Park is nearby, and the art scene will have you heading back to the city to check it out.
- Washington, DC – our nation’s capital city has museums and more museums. It’s an excellent time to go for shorter lines and fewer crowds during the Fall. If you’re looking to check off more states on your lists of visiting the 50 states, here’s your chance to get a couple. Rent a car and drive to Maryland and Virginia.
Fall is a great time to check out some of your favorite Fall movies, and while you’re at it, this time of the year is also perfect for visiting movie sites.
You can make it a staycation scavenger hunt to visit as many cities as possible and find your favorite movie spots. Here’s a list to get you started.
The hunger games – The Swan House
The Walking Dead – Senoia
Driving Miss Daisy – Atlanta – Druid Hills
Black Panther – Atlanta High Museum
Stranger Things – Jackson
Bessie – the movie – Fox Theatre –
The Last Song – Georgia Aquarium
Silver Skillet restaurant in Atlanta – has seen many movie sets – Anchorman 2, Remember the Titans, are two of them