Welcome to 2016! Get ready for another year of adventures with our weekly travel round-up of links from around the web.
- The 11 Most Spectacular Cities to See in the Winter by PureWow via Huffington Post
Escape to picturesque winter wonderlands with this list from PureWow – even if it’s just a momentary escape with the panoramic images at the link.
- The Disappointed Tourists of Yelp by Corinne Purtill via CNN
We all hope our travels will be everything we dreamt of and more, but it doesn’t always pan out that way. At least some of these tourists seemed to find the humor in their disappointment.
- These 6 Female-Founded Companies are Changing Travel for Women by Jessica Festa via Road Warrior Voices
Experience a new place, empower women, and support great causes – the travel companies in this list help female travelers accomplish all three of those goals in their own way.
- 16 New Year’s Resolutions for the Avid Traveler via Travel + Leisure
Get inspiration for a new year of travel with this list of resolutions from Travel + Leisure’s staff.
- 10 Travel Myths You Need to Stop Believing Right Now by Ashley Rossi via USA Today
This article addresses several obstacles we may think are in our way from traveling when and where we want, and then explains how many of those obstacles are entirely mythical or just blown out of proportion.
- 10 Ways Air Travel Will Change in 2016 by Barbara Peterson via Conde Nast Traveler
As we’ve seen before on the travel round-up, there are big changes coming to the air travel industry. In 2016 many of these plans will take their first step into action and some may even be completed within the year.
- Daily Travel Photo: Best of 2015 via National Geographic
Explore the best shots of 2015 in National Geographic’s Daily Travel Photo.
- Top Travel Destinations for 2016 by Beth J. Harpaz via Newsday
Along with the Olympics in Rio, there are several other important events set for 2016. National parks and classic writers celebrate birthdays and a new national museum will open. Check the link for the celebrations that are in store.
- 7 Reasons Every Traveler Should Be Pumped for 2016 by Suzy Strutner via Huffington Post
And here are 7 more things to look forward to in 2016! Not only are worldwide celebrations set to take place, but also travelers will have greater access to places that were previously hard to reach.
- Best Travel Photos of 2015 via CNN
See more great photos from 2015 with this gallery that captures the character and atmosphere of places all across the globe.