It’s time for another Weekly Roundup of fun travel adventures and helpful tips. Start off right here with our article on Comedy Festivals, then peruse these links for more good reads.
- Best Value Destinations for 2016 by Tom Hall via Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet recently launched its Best in Travel 2016 lists. This article highlights hidden gems across the globe that are not only unique but also more cost efficient than many popular destinations.
- Don’t Worry, You Can Fix Those Travel Mistakes – Here’s How by Christopher Elliott via Huffington Post
No matter how prepared a traveler is, something can always go wrong with their plans. Elliott provides extensive examples of travel mistakes and solutions for when something you couldn’t prepare for happens.
- Artist Transforms Travel Photos with Paper Cutouts by Chuck Thompson via CNN
This creative spin on traditional travel photos now has a following of over 70,000 people on Instagram. Travelers can use it as inspiration for their own photos and as a challenge to look at the world’s monuments and landmarks in a new light.
- Female Travel Bloggers Share Their Tips for Hitting the Road Solo by Jessica Festa via Road Warrior Voices
The consensus advice for women considering a solo trip seems to be: go for it even in the face of apprehension. In addition to that advice, these bloggers provide a few tips to help ease that fear ahead of time.
- 5 Proven Strategies For Using Travel Rewards to Save on the Holidays by Andy Shuman via Go Banking Rates
Traveling during the holiday season can be a big hassle, but with help from rewards programs, some flexibility, and a little thinking outside the box, it is possible.
- Halloween Costumes Get Creative From a Papal Pup to a Surfing Lobster via NBC News
Admire the creativity of Halloween participants and get a feel for celebrations from around the country in this colorful gallery. The surfers in costumes are particularly impressive.
- Silver Screens: Majestic Movie Palaces Across the USA by Susan B. Barnes via USA Today
They don’t make them like they used to. The theaters highlighted in this extensive list have a rich history, beautiful architecture, and luckily still operate today.
- 10 Travel Bloggers’ Scariest Travel Stories by Alyssa Ramos via Huffington Post
Missing Halloween already? Hold onto the spooky holiday a little bit longer with these travel mishaps and survival stories.
- Exclusive Tours Offer Behind-the-Scenes Access to World’s Busiest Attractions by Mark Johnason via CNN
Get exclusive access to the Sistine Chapel for up to thirty minutes or visit Stonehenge at dawn and dusk for a perfect picture. You won’t normally find deals like this online, so check out this list for the right contacts.
- Lonely Planet’s Favourite Final Frontiers by Joe Bindloss via Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet’s picks for remote and relatively unexplored destinations aren’t for the inexperienced adventurer. Some locations are fit for tourists while others are still in the process of becoming more accessible.