Welcome to another edition of the Travel Round-Up! We gathered our favorite links from around the web this week, all in one place. Enjoy!
- Mardi Gras Secrets: Tour the Warehouse Where Floats Live Forever by Matt Long via Yahoo
Go behind the scenes of one of the most anticipated celebrations each year. Though these floats aren’t in action, their vibrance and diversity help capture the character of the parades.
- Top Travel Couples You Should Be Following on Instagram by Collette Stohler via Huffington Post
Some couples quit their day jobs while others found time in their busy schedules to travel and experience new things together. Either way, the couples on this list will no doubt provide some travel inspiration.
- Secret Past: Inside Milan’s Crumbling Art Deco ‘Day Hotel’ by Silvia Marchetti via CNN
Explore a hidden, forgotten treasure from the past in this gallery of an old bath house in Milan. There are also links to other galleries of abandoned places within the article.
- Indoor Water Parks: Keep Warm with These Thrilling Rides This Winter by Arthur Levine via USA Today
If you’re stuck in cold weather and craving sunny days by the pool, you might want to consider planning a trip to one of these indoor water parks. The slides, raft rides, and wave pools are a fun way to pass the time and build excitement for the warm weather to come.
- 12 Destinations That Inspired Disney’s Greatest Movies by Lindsey Olander via Travel + Leisure
It’s amazing to think the places that helped inspire some of Disney’s greatest fantasy movies actually exist. This list might also serve as a great trip idea to visit the filming destinations or inspirations for your favorite movies.
- Mr. T Reveals: “How I Travel” via Yahoo
It’s no wonder that an icon like Mr. T has gathered some valuable travel experience during his career. In this video he offers some essential advice and provides examples from his life.
- The 10 Most Romantic Cities in America May Surprise You by Lexi Tollefsen via Huffington Post
If you’re looking to try something new for Valentine’s day or for a romantic vacation, consider the cities on this list because while they may not be what first comes to mind, the scenery alone could change your mind.