Welcome to another edition of the Travel Round-Up, a collection of our favorite travel links from around the web! First check out Annita’s resource guide to Switzerland and her list of 10 islands to escape the cold weather. Then enjoy the picks for this week’s round-up!
- Where to Dine in 2016: 10 of the World’s Best New Restaurants by Chris Dwyer via CNN
Whether you’re a foodie, or you just want to make the most of your traveling experience, this list provides a guide to new restaurants you won’t want to miss. The restaurants listed range from those providing expert renditions of local meals to those that give a different spin to another culture’s dishes.
- The Best Places for Coffee In Every State by Chanel Parks via Huffington Post
Coffee lovers are always in search of the ultimate cozy cafe. With this list, they can expand that quest to every state in the country. Not only are these great places to grab a memorable cup of Joe, but they’re likely also ideal for local people watching.
- The Craziest Travel Pics From Snowmageddon Weekend by Sophie Forbes via Yahoo
While the snowstorm interfered with most people’s travel plans, many still found a way to have fun and embrace the weather.
- The Most Romantic Hotels in Europe by Laura Itzkowitz via Travel + Leisure
With Valentine’s Day coming up, it’s fun to daydream about these romantic destinations, or even get inspired to plan a getaway of your own.
- A Month-by-Month Guide to the Best Places to Travel in 2016 by Stirling Kelso via Time
Make the most of your year and don’t miss out on key travel deals. This article outlines when and where you should be looking if you get the travel bug this year.
- Carrying a ‘Throwaway’ Wallet and Other Tips in Avoiding Travel Scams by Kate Silver via Washington Post
Unfortunately sticking out in a new place can make you the prime target for seasoned scammers. Some scams and how they can be avoided may seem obvious, but there are others listed in this article that may take you by surprise and are therefore important to learn about.
- 8 Things You Can Do Now to Save Money on Travel by Seth Kugel via New York Times
Even if the next trip you have in mind is months away, you can make the planning and traveling process easier now.
- Why and How to Travel by Bike by Alex Van Buren via Travel + Leisure
Traveling by bike can be a rewarding process that allows you to see and experience a new place from a unique and immersed perspective. Keep these tips in mind while traveling by bike to stay healthy, safe, and smart.
- 8 Apps to Take the Hassle Out of Travel in 2016 by Cailey Rizzo via Mashable
It seems there are now countless apps out there for every travel need. The hard part now is to sort through and find the ones that work best for you. This list is a good place to start.
- 4 Essentials That Will Make Traveling Alone So Much Easier by Isabelle Zanzer via Elite Daily
Planning for solo travel can be overwhelming, so it seems best to simplify the elements you can control. This list sticks to the basics so that you can still be prepared but with a much lighter load.