Welcome to another edition of the Travel Round-Up! We have gathered some of our favorite links from around the web. First, check out Annita’s articles on the vacation blues, a Valentine’s do-over, and spring break ideas. Then, onto the rest of the web!
- 2016 Underwater Photographer of the Year Winners via CNN
Shipwrecks, seahorses, bears, and more. Underwater photography is a daunting task, but these winners made it look easy.
- New Site Lists Vacation Rentals for Disabled Travelers by Jelisa Castrodale via USA Today
Two travelers with muscular atrophy created a website that provides detailed summaries of accessible rental properties so that every traveler can feel comfortable and at ease during their journeys.
- The Best Free Attractions in 16 Major European Cities by Barbara Woolsey via Huffington Post
When traveling abroad, trying to make the most of the short time you have in a new place, the costs can add up rather quickly. These free attractions allow you to get to know a new city while also saving money.
- Take Five – A Soulful Night at Tokyo’s Coolest Jazz Club by Brittany Jones-Cooper via Yahoo
We all revel in finding “hidden gems” during our travels. Read a firsthand account of discovering a unique jazz club in Tokyo.
- Best Places to Travel in March by Stephanie Wu via Travel + Leisure
In many places across the world, March seems like an ideal time to travel. It’s a transition between seasons, often warm enough to enjoy the outdoors but not crowded with spring tourists.
- Secrets in Paradise: The Best Caribbean Beaches You’ve Never Heard Of by Melanie Reffes via USA Today
It can be difficult to carve a space and experience of your own when visiting popular destinations. This list can details underrated beaches in the Caribbean where you might have better luck at finding some alone time.
- 5 Times We Booked Last-Minute Tours That Rocked by Jo Piazza via Yahoo
If you find yourself with nothing to do in a new city, consider this article for some inspiration on how spontaneous plans can the best kind.
- 20 Stunning Photos from Young Photographers Around the World by Erika Owen via Travel + Leisure
See the world through the eyes of talented children from around the world. These photos were submitted to the Sony Photography Awards.